Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Discordant Generation.

I am not much of a musician. Still, correct me if I am wrong. What on earth is happening to music today??? Come on, we have something called Music Videos! What in heaven's name is that? Just don’t get it! Or, am I so daft that my brain is missing something here. Please enlighten me, if you can…

In my book, music is a proper arrangement of notes and chorda and a good melody to compliment it. Sure, a great voice with those poignant lyrics just takes the cake away. Obviously, in some cases, one of these components are so touching that it certainly hits that sensitive ‘nerve’. Be it Pop, Rock, Rock and Roll, Jazz or any of those extensions. They all share a common factor.

Things are so bloody different today. If you are woman, this is all you need. A very sexy body (wonder who actually sets the parameters for that), a face that makes you look as if you are in a permanent orgasmic state. Mind you, no intelligence is really required in the lyrics. Actually, if you just repeat a few sensually appropriate words…you have a good chance to make it. And, if you man, well, have a body that looks more animal than human, a hair cut that your neighbors cow gave you, again no intelligent lyrics, look like a convict, wear your pants on your knees (don't forget to let your boxer be visible) and few tatooes will surely help. Vola! A musician in the making. Chains? Yeah..why not!

Have you notices the names of these people? I am not even going there….

Yes, and something else that seems to be the trend today, is that every one ‘feats’ someone. What on earth is that about? Some fraternity rule or something? Maybe old George is behind it all.

I lost the plot somewhere.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home